Details on Barite 4.2 :
Barite 4.2 is a high quality drilling grade Barite also known as Barium Sulphate. This high specific gravity mineral has application in all drilling fluid system and meets all API SPEC 13A Section 7 (Eighteenth Edition Aug 2010) Specifications.
|Density / Specific Gravity||:||Min 4.2 g/cc|
|Water soluble Alkaline Earth Metals as Calcium||:||Max 200 mg/kg|
|Residue greater than 75 N mi-crometers (200 Mesh)||:||Max 3.0% wt|
|Particle less than 6 micrometers in equivalent spherical diameter||:||Max 30% wt|
|Particles less than 4 Micronmeters in Equivalent spherical diameter||:||Max 20% wt|
|Carbonates||:||Max 3000 mg/kg|
|Mercury||:||Max 1.0 mg/kg|
|Lead||:||Max 1000 mg/kg|
|Cadmium||:||Max 3.0 mg/kg|
- Barite is widely used as weighing material and can be used to increase the density of any mud system.
- Worldwide, 69–77% of baryte is used as a weighting agent for drilling fluids in oil and gas exploration to suppress high formation pressures and prevent blowouts.
- Baryte is used in added-value applications which include filler in paint and plastics, sound reduction in engine compartments, coat of automobile finishes for smoothness and corrosion resistance, friction products for automobiles and trucks, radiation-shielding cement, glass ceramics and medical applications.
- Historically baryte was used for the production of barium hydroxide for sugar refining, and as a white pigment for textiles, paper, and paint.
- Barite is available packaged in 1MT or 1.5 MT Jumbo Bags, In 50 Kgs HDPE Liner bags or 25 Kgs HDPE Liner Bags.